Thursday, March 31, 2011

Today's Happenings

Walking to work is getting progressively more interesting. Here's what happened today:

I walked by the gas station near my house, and there was a guy standing by his car filling up his tank.

Guy: Hey sugar! What's shaking?

Me: Don't talk to me you vagrant filth. (he wasn't a vagrant)

Guy: Wuh...wha?

Me: You are ugly. (he wasn't)

Guy: Whuhf?



You may be saying "geez, why were you so rude?" I'll tell you why. Because cat calling women is disgusting and tactless. Men - do not cat call women. DON'T DO IT. Plus, any woman who responds positively to cat calling isn't worth having. I taught him a lesson, and I feel pretty proud of myself.

Second happening:

I was walking past an empty lot between two houses, and I saw a rogue quail! Usually quail wander around together, but this was a solitary. I had two reactions to seeing the quail.


And...



You see, quail are very tasty. It's also very rare to run into one in the city, so... should I take the opportunity to pounce? If he decides to run out into the middle of the street he will get smooshed, and then a lot of tasty quail meat will go to waste. But alas, I could not make myself attack the quail. Plus, I'd just eaten cereal.

And at last, we come to the final happening:

I'd like to say I remembered to bring a blow torch with me today for the silk worms, but I didn't. It's okay though, because I didn't have any run-ins with them today. Well.... sort of. I did see a silk worm, but he was dead and didn't end up in my hair.



All in all a pretty good morning!

1 comment:

  1. YES! "you vagrant filth" is immediately going into my rotation of awesome phrases

    ReplyDelete