Sunday, November 22, 2009

More Places I Want to Go

Yes it's true that this feeling comes to me on somewhat of a daily basis, and today happens to be one of those days. While I'm sure you're thinking I'm going to say New Mexico, I assure you I'm not. Real estate prices there (at least in Santa Fe and Taos) are exorbitantly high, so no. Not there.

I woke up this morning thinking that despite the dreary sky, the temperature could hardly be more perfect. Almost immediately, I realized how short-lived this cooler weather is going to be. Naturally, a mild depression begins to sink in.

Later I begin my routine facebook stalk, and happened upon some of a friend's pictures of her daughter's birthday. What do I see in the background? Tall aspen trees? Forest? Mountains? Such is the landscape of Flagstaff, Arizona. When I think of Arizona I think of scorching temperatures and dry flat desert. Oh yes, and the Grand Canyon. I always considered it to be a fun place to visit, but not to live. I think I could be starkly wrong on this one, because check out these photos! (courtesy of Flagstaff)











Lest I forget to mention the fact that the high temperature in the summer is an average of 82 in July. Perfection? Yes. Lastly, we have the oh-so-lovely Native American element that I love.



Hopi tribe! Love the pottery and rugs. I mean, the tragically beautiful culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment