Tuesday, November 10, 2009

You're welcome

I need to come up with a theme....so....I'll just go with either a complaint or an obsession.

Today's complaint is as follows: I can't figure out how to work a baby gate.

I have two baby gates. One is a modern wonder from Target. The other is a relic from the days of Yore I expect. However, one must either a) have a PhD in theoretical physics or b) be the rain man in order to figure this out. This morning, for instance, I attempt for my first time in the day to get the baby gate up. I bruised my toe and tumultuously shouted a few select words prior to engaging Kevin in the project. Amelia's real first words (besides Mama, Dada and Up) will land her in a statistically sound likelihood of spending life in prison.

Yikes.

Also, I might add that Kevin got the thing up in two seconds. WHAT?! Okay, this is a serious problem. Wait - is it the same thing as being unable to open jars? One of those mysterious things that only guys or body-building women are capable of doing?

Hey, you know, I lift weights and stuff. Yeah, that's right! I have some 9 lb hand weights that I can do some serious damage with. And you know what? I still can't open a jar or put up a baby gate.

Perhaps this is a mental problem. With that in mind I'm off to drink a pot of coffee, draw up some schematics, a diarama with a prop baby gate, and then I'll pop in a video of Schoolhouse Rock for good measure. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Love it Mary! Can't wait to keep up with ya and read more! Proud to be your first follower! :)

    ReplyDelete