Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Recipe Boxes and Crocs

Recipe boxes.

I don't know what it is about recipe boxes, but I just love them. I've been writing down my fave recipes, discovering new recipes and pretending they're my own, trying to sculpt recipes of my mother's that were never written and transcribe them down onto index cards. Once I finish doing that I plan on finding the perfect vintage...or at least vintage looking...recipe box to put them in. I've found a couple of them that I like.

Actual vintage -


Modern but vintage looking-



On that same note, I have a cute vintage box that was my great grandmothers which she used for christmas card lists. It's from the 1930's and has this poorly rendered drawing of santa and his reindeer on it. I might start collecting these little boxes because they're so fun. One step closer to me ending up on the A&E series "Hoarders."

Crocs.

Yes I realize they're annoying because they're so popular and all of that, but those are the regular generic crocs. My compatriot Alison Hyde introduced me to the fact that crocs makes office-appropriate shoes that are shockingly comfortable. Like this little gem that's called "Lydia"



And what's this? Oh, it's my Christmas present I've already demanded of Kevin. Look how cute this is! And fuzzy, I might add....which is fantaschtic.

No comments:

Post a Comment